Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Notorious Baptism

Well, we managed to make it through last weekend's baptism festivities. The good news is ASA has been baptized and I am getting pretty darn good at arranging tulips. Of course, at some point, I will probably have to do something different but I digress.

For his brother's big day, MRA began the celebration being very sweet. As you see here, he wanted to hug ASA and hold his hand during the baptism.


He was also very helpful climbing up to the baptismal font and helping out the minister.
Oh, wait, that's Reverend Clay helping MRA. Seriously, he really can be helpful.



See, helpful.

That is until the attention stops being on him. Then its like an internal switch flips and there is PANIC. Its like he is thinking, "HOW, HOW, HOW can I get the attention focused BACK. ON. ME!

Oh, I know, I will roll on the floor!"


Like I said, he was helpful... until he wasn't anymore.

ASA, however, was perfect. He cooed, and smiled ,and looked like royalty in the family baptismal gown (hoping some one will send photos of that for me to post).

He was passed from adoring relative to friend during the luncheon and fell asleep on anyone who held still long enough.

Also at the luncheon, MRA stole tomatoes from the gourmet grocer across the street for which my MIL had to run back to pay for. Bless her heart.
He enjoyed the tomato with a "let them eat cupcake" attitude. The cupcake design was awesome.

I may have had one two three glasses of wine (thank you Mollydooker Shiraz for also being all kinds of awesome.) And, a happy day was had by, well... most.

The. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment