Friday, May 20, 2011

The World of Denial

My World of Denial used to be pretty solid but 2011 has really changed all that.

First we started off the year, pregnant. PREGNANT! How did that happen (I know the biology but can't figure out when my body decided to play by the biological rules). It was several months before I really accepted it. Even through the first few rounds of ultrasounds, I still could not quite believe it. Hell, there are days I still don't  - but the with the growing belly and increased trips to the bathroom, its getting harder to deny that there is another guest in the Hotel Womb. And the somersaults whilst kicking thing. This little Wackadoodle definitely squirms, that's hard to deny.

Then there is Napa, sorta - I used to think Jonathan and I were merely wine enthusiasts, but after this trip I think that we are really cork dorks. Here is the case:

In December, we purchased a new wine cellar.

When we found out we were pregnant, we redesigned our closet around the wine.

In just a mere 5 months, we have outgrown said cellar.

We have had serious conversations about having to insure the wine and also about putting future inventory into outside wine storage.

We understand the brix level of grapes.

Last night I found Jonathan in the closet, in front of the cellar on the floor. When I asked him what he was doing, he replied that, "He was just checking on the wine." Now I am not saying there is not value in checking on the wine/cellar to insure that it is working properly but it wasn't a whole lot different than the way we check in on the Notorious MRA in the middle of the night. I'm just sayin' - cork dorks.

It sounds better than Wine Snob, don't you think?

Oh, and the world is supposed to end tomorrow, which makes me wonder why I went to work today. And now I have Blondie's song "Rapture" stuck in my head - nevermind the song talks about eating cars and not necessarily going to hell.

Shouldn't I be at home or better yet, the beach, spending these last few hours snuggling with one Notorious little boy???? Humph, maybe there is still a little solidity in the World of Denial.

See ya'll next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment