Thursday, May 5, 2011

What A Little Napa Can Do For A Soul

Or a marriage or just peace of mind.

In our case, a little Napa was all we needed. Nevermind the getting up at 4:30 in the morning to get there (and back), nevermind the the jet lag. For once we were tired because we did something just for us instead for MRA.

And, less than 24 hours in to the trip, after a little sleep and a little wine tasting, a nice meal out at a restaurant that did not even have a children's menu let alone offer a hot dog, we were both a little like, "Oh yeah, I remember you, the person that I married, who makes me laugh. Your pretty funny. Oh yeah, I remember why we did all this. Oh yeah, I remember why we fell in love and all the reasons I knew you were the perfect person for me."


Not to say that we don't love each other every day but with jobs, and a Notorious MRA for a kiddo, preparing for another baby, the dog, and the dog hair, its easy to get caught up in the business of living (as my Dad calls it.)

And, every once in a while its nice to get away from it all. In our case, we just needed a little NAPA.

Now that we are back, we need a larger wine cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment