Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memorial Day Eh PANE ride

Tomorrow we are going on an eh PANE. UP UP UP. And as you can guess we are taking the Notorious MRA with us. We are headed back to Virginia for the long weekend and to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday.

It also happens to be Jonathan's birthday - so we are hoping to utilize the availability of family babysitters to go out for dinner, but I digress.

Traveling solo and as a couple, we have down pat. Traveling with a toddler... not so much. There is a lot more of the packing and a lot more things to forget and a lot less time to get it done. There are also SERIOUS consequences to forgetting something.

You, without kids, may be doubters. you may think I am making a bigger deal of this than necessary but let me assure you, you do not want to be in any row near us on the plane, when MRA's ears start popping and we don't have Poopy Puppy or juice, or the right blanket or whatever else he might need to soothe him.

Trust me when I say you will be thinking, "What the hell? Can't you get the kid some damn juice. Please for the love of God give him something because I cannot take the screaming for 2 hours." (I know because I have been the one thinking this before.)

And trust me, when I tell you we we will be thinking the same thing on this flight.

To complicate things a bit, I tend to get motion sick on flights when I am pregnant so I won't be able to help quite as much as normal. I will be concentrating on not vomiting.

Too bad boats with building blocks are too cumbersome to bring on a plane. We could learn all about some transportation and which kinds Mamma doesn't need a sick bag on.

Wish us luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment