Friday, May 13, 2011

The Elmo Invasion

I walked into my office this week to the following:


Now 4 or 5 years ago, heck - a year ago, I would have had no idea that this was Elmo, the infamous Elmo. In fact , I probably would have been a little freaked out by the sight of this red fluffy thing sitting in my chair.

 I was so EhMO ignorant that I did not even know he was on Sesame Street. In my time Sesame Street had Big Bird and Grover, Bert and Ernie, the elusive Snufflufagis (is that even close to the right spelling?), Oscar the Grouch. there was no Elmo or Flying Fairy School.

But, today, I am well acquainted with Elmo or EhMO as he is known in our house. I don't know what it is about this red creature with the nasal-y voice that is SO AMAZINGLY ATTRACTIVE but the kiddos seem to love him and the Notorious MRA is no exception.

My co-worker, Derek and his wife Sarah, have graciously passed down the EhMO chair to our house. Thus far its quite a hit.

MRA sits in, tries to lay in it, and drags it around to where ever he wants to be. This means he is not in my lap nearly as much which, with the growing belly, is a nice break but also a little sad.

But, then again, EhMO is a lot softer than my belly and to be honest, when I rounded the corner and saw the chair in my office, I kinda wanted to sit in it too. But it would not have been my most professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment