Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Its the in-between that drives me nuts

I am not necessarily the most decisive person on the planet but I can say that I don't like the no-man's land in between. In between what, does not really matter. I don't like the being in between destinations or in between vacations, or in between a decision.

So here I sit, nearly 15 weeks pregnant and although I feel pretty darn well health wise, I feel pretty darn in between - not quite looking pregnant but not looking like myself either, just looking... in between, which translates to chunky.

pregnancy cartoon

I know that when you are pregnant, you are supposed to gain weight. That doesn't make it easy for me to necessarily accept nor does it make me feel attractive at this stage. Because, you see, the weight doesn't seem to stay only in the belly region for me. For me, the weight seems to go EVERYWHERE. I also know that this is probably more of my own perception of the distribution but, hey, its the way I feel.

I know in a another month or so, when I actually look pregnant, this won't bother me as much.But right now, its the in-between stage. My regular clothes don't fit and maternity clothes are too big. And this in-between business, well, I can leave it. Bring on the baby bump.

1 comment:

  1. The in between is brutal! Brutal! You feel ugly in everything you put on, and you're too small for maternity clothes. It feels so much better when it's obvious you're pregnant. Soon!

    ReplyDelete