Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I think I am too Old to be a Groupie

Jonathan and I have tickets to see Harry Connick Jr next week and I am very excited. I love Harry.

When Jonathan and I first started dating, HCJr was booked to play at Chastain Park in Atlanta. Chastain Park is a wonderful outdoor venue with built in tables and you can bring a picnic and wine. Jonathan put together a great picnic and we were seated next to some really fun people. It was starting out as very romantic until a few songs into the concert, the skies opened up and it poured down raining.

We made up for it a few years ago at JazzFest! We caught not only HCJr's set but also an impromptu session in one of the tents with Wynton Marsalis and Trombone Shorty. We have been Trombone Shorty fans ever since!

 Now this time around, we are headed backstage. My mom is friends with HCJr's dad and he managed to get us passes. While this is all unbelievably thrilling, it has also created a little panic for me.

What on earth am I going to wear? I will be 5 months pregnant. Seriously need some help in the going out while pregnant clothing department.

Also, what does one in their late 30s and 5 months pregnant do backstage?

Advice is welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. You could totally find a flattering maternity top and wear it with cute jeans and platforms. As for what to DO, I think you should pull the I'm an adorable pregnant woman who just loves you card and get a kiss out of HCJr. Totally platonic, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun!! How about legging and a tunic? I'm about ready to go get me some.

    ReplyDelete