Monday, February 28, 2011

And sow a seed was planted

Its amazing sometimes how things get started. I can directly credit the beginning of this blog to my friend Christie.

It was 2009 and I was pregnant. Five or six months pregnant in fact. We had just adopted Cooper. Actually, we adopted Cooper several months earlier, in fact, we adopted Coop 2 days after we found out I was pregnant (although it had been in the works for weeks.)

As new dog owners, we were still adjusting to the responsibilities. And so it was that we had run out of dog food and jonathan called to ask me if I could stop on the way home. Of course, that afternoon, we had one Florida's famous summer storms and, of course, it started while I was in the pet store.

I came out of PetSmart and it was pouring rain and lightening and thundering. So, what's a pregnant girl who really needs to get home to pee do but throw the 20lb pound bag over the shoulder, take off the shoes and run for it. By the time I got to the car and fished out the keys, I was pretty wet, the dog food bag was soaked and I was in a pretty bad mood.

I finally get home and open the door to this...


When I told Christie the story, she said "You really need to start a blog. I have a feeling between the dog and a baby, you are going to have a lot of good stories going forward."

Well, it took a while but I finally did it. Thanks, Christie!

No comments:

Post a Comment