Friday, February 11, 2011

"I love the kid, but miss the freedom" Lemon Gloria

As far as I am concerned, she nailed it.

Here is an example. Last weekend, Jonathan took off back to Chapel Hill for a weekend with his old college roommates and some UNC basketball. He had not been back for a game in more than several years. I know how much he has missed it. So I gave him the plane and game tickets for Christmas. I thought it was a great surprise and he had a fantastic time.

He went back to the campus and walked around. He got onto the football field. He drank beer. His other friend met up with them. He went to the bookstore and bought us all UNC gifts. There was more beer and his favorite pizza joint. You get the idea.

Used to be that on these types of weekends, I would have a quiet weekend at home. Watch some movies, maybe read some gossip-y magazines, perhaps a mani-pedi was in the mix or a trip to the spa for a massage. On several occasions, Jonathan sent me to the spa or sent me flowers. Not too shabby, right?

Well, having a one year old precludes ANY of the above from happening. There was no quiet, there was no reading, there was no movies or spa treatments. MRA did pull some leaves off the house plant but that was as close to flowers as I got.

Like Lemon Gloria said, "I love the kid, but I miss the freedom."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for quoting me! I'm so flattered!

    You know, I went to Carolina for college as well. I haven't been back in years, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could figure out how to link it to your blog (even though the quote came from an email). I don't think I knew you went to Carolina. I guess I should say Go Heels but truth be told the mascot looks like a goat so I usually say, Go Goats!

    ReplyDelete