Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Parental Unit Classic

Finding out I was pregnant was a bit of a shock. After having so much difficulty the first time, I just did not really believe that I would get pregnant again and certainly, if I were to get pregnant again, it would be the result of lots of trying and acupuncture and perhaps some return visits to the Reproductive Endocrinologist.

None of this was the case.

It took me some time to wrap my head around it. It just seemed so unbelievable. Telling my parents was going to be even more unbelievable.

I decided that since I could not tell them in person, I would send them a text of two positive pregnancy tests. So I called them bright and early Christmas morning and woke them up. I told them they needed to get Dad's phone because I sent them an important text.

This, is not quite enough info to get them moving. And so, the ordeal ensued. The Parental Unit responded that they were sleeping, then they did not know where the phone was, maybe it was in the car????
Looking in the car, well, that would involve getting dressed to go out and look for it. Oh, and by the way, they doubted that it was charged. But before they could go get the phone, they needed to go to the bathroom, and on, and on, and on.

Finally, my Dad gets the phone and opens the text. The conversation went something like the following...

Dad: "Honey, I don't know what this is. Did you get skis for Christmas?"

Me: "No Dad, look carefully. You don't know what that is?"

Dad: "No, it looks like skis. Did Jonathan get a boat?"

Me: "Dad, it says EPT."

Dad: "Do they make skis?"

Me: "No, show Mom. She'll know what it is."

Mom: "I don't know. It looks a lot like skis. What is it?"

Me: "Give the phone back to Dad."

Me: "Look, Dad, there are two with plus signs. Dad, I'm pregnant."

Dad: "Gina, Gina, come look at this! Do you know what this is? Look! Look carefully. Its two positive pregnancy tests."

Mom: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, What?"

Skis, pregnancy tests, tomato, toe mot to....

No comments:

Post a Comment