Thursday, July 15, 2010

In Preparation For A Career in Music

MRA LOVES, LOVES, LOVES music. He was on a big Bob Marley kick but really, he appreciates most genres.

Lately, he has been doing this thing which makes me think he will definitely have a career in music, maybe. He makes this aaaaaabbaaaaaaahhhhh sort of sound and then he takes his fist and runs it across his mouth which changes the pitch and tone (I guess that's the right term - but having no musical ability or training it could be something else). So pitch/tone, whatever, noise gets changed. It reminds me of when trombone players stick the end of a plunger into the trombone to change it up.

We have been listening to Trombone Shorty alot over the past months. In fact, I don't think that CD has been out of the player in over a year. Maybe it is all having an effect on  him? Maybe he will become a famous jazz musician. Which might be fine (if he does not get derailed by alcohol, drugs, and late nights closing smoky bars) because I would really like backstage passes to several jazz festivals around the country and I would love to meet Branford Marsalis, oh, and also Dave Brubeck (but he won't live to see MRA become a musical genius).

If the music thing doesn't work out, well... I guess there is the WWF. He practices for that, too. Just ask Cooper. Although we'll have to think of a better name for him. I don't think Butterbean or Sweet-Tart will bode well for either profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment