Monday, May 3, 2010

Colored Mashed Potatos; These Are the Chapters of My Life

Several years ago, Jonathan and I went to a hot, new, trendy restaurant as we typically did on most weekends. I don't remember the name but what I do remember is the purple mashed potatoes. They were made with Peruvian potatoes and had the perfect amount of butter and garlic. They were amazing and I like purple - they were fun.

Purple is a rather unexpected color to see on your plate - but they presented well and the foodie side of me appreciated that. Part of the dinner conversation revolved around said mashed potatoes: what a unique color, where in Peru did they come from? Could we get them locally? Had we just been missing them this whole time in the produce aisle? And if we did find them would we really prepare them... probably not. It is much better to go out and get them! They were delicious.

Fast forward several years. I get a phone call from Jonathan recently at work:

Me: How did the Notorious MRA do this morning?

J: Uuummmm, not bad. But we had a two-person poo this morning.

Me: That sucks.

J: Yeah, uh, it was pretty bad. And it was the worst smelling poop yet. And it was the consistency of mashed potatoes and green. Green mashed potatoes.

Me: Eeeeewww. I think the consistency and smell changes when he starts solids so this is probably normal but gross.

J: I have never seen anything like it. It was a sideways poo and an up the back poo and I was trying to clean it up and he just reached down and grabbed his balls in the middle of it. With green mashed potatoes.

Me (trying not to fall off my chair from laughing): Really? I think it is fairly normal but gross.

J: I'm telling ya, you are gonna see the green mashed potatoes. Its bad. Real bad.


Hmmm, I wonder what color the mashed potatoes will be in the next chapter of my life. Any predictions?

No comments:

Post a Comment