Friday, November 29, 2013

Its Me and George W.

Do you remember, oh, I dunno, maybe seven years ago or so., that time when George W. was still president and during a press conference a reporter threw a shoe at him?

I know how he feels. Sort of.

Of late, Chubalicious has decided to remove his shoes and socks whenever he is in the car. It started with a shoe then both, then the socks. And now, now, he chucks them at me while I am driving.

So there I am. minding my own business, trying to get him to school or wherever safely and BAM out of no where a sock flies into the front seat. Presently, I am grateful that its usually the socks but on occasion it is the shoes.

Now, unlike the disgruntled reporter in the George W. episode, Chubalicious does not seem to be at all upset. In fact when I ask him why he does this, he giggles like a madman. There are times, as well, when his aim is not so good and I go to get him out of the car seat only to realize he is barefoot. At these moments, when I ask where his socks are, he points to exactly where they landed (usually somewhere in the front console) and says, "Right there, Mama" like its the most natural thing in the world.

I am not offended by this at all although, sometimes, when I am in a hurry, it is quite annoying. I actually have begun to find the whole thing rather funny. And I am quite certain that on years to come, I will remember these moments endearingly or use them in some way to totally embarrass Chubalicious in front of his friends.

I have no idea how George W. remembers his incident.

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment