Monday, May 20, 2013

And you thought I was done talking about boobs!

My sister just gave birth to my sweet nephew and Godson, JV. He is now 9 days old and she is learning how to breast feed. I know I have mentioned before that the books and articles and the blasted Internet all say how awesome and easy nursing is. And it is, but not in the beginning. Or maybe it is - but I don't know any of the women who had that experience.

So, she is trying to learn, along with JV, all the nuances of nursing. Earlier today, I was talking to her on the phone and she was telling me that he is getting really fussy and has started to experience the witching hour (or really the-witching-block-of-time-that-usually-coincides-with-everyone-elses-happy-hour hour.)

I'm listening to all this and remembering my own experience. I am also in the grocery store getting ready to check out. And my advice to her, standing in front of the cashier and bag boy is, "When he starts fussing, stick your boob in his mouth!"

They, the cashier and bag boy -that is, did not make eye contact with me after that and it did not occur to me why until a few minutes ago. I pretty sure that if I went back now and tried to explain, it wouldn't help, it would probably just reinforce the crazy, right?

Have a great week!

As soon as I get the ok, I will post a picture of my JV!

No comments:

Post a Comment