Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just when you think you are in the clear...

I am busy. SO BUSY.

This weekend is my sister's baby shower. In DC. I am co-hosting. And I am taking Chubalicious. Mostly, he is accompanying me so Daddy only has to deal with the Notorious MRA. Actually, that is the ONLY reason I am bringing him. Well... that and he is still free to fly.

So with work and public hearings, and trying to save buildings, and plan baby showers, and pack, and blah blah, I don't have a lot of time to dwell.

This not dwelling thing is kinda a good thing.

For example, last night, for no apparent reason, the Notorious MRA pooped in the shower. Yep, right there on the shower floor.

Jonathan and I were mortified. I asked him why he did it. He didn't know. I asked him, "Where are you supposed to poop?" He responded,  "The potty." I asked him if the shower was the potty andhe said no and pointed to the potty so clearly he understands that the shower is NOT the potty. He has been pooping on the potty for months so, what the wuck?

I told him I wasn't reading him a bedtime story because I needed to spend that time cleaning up the poopy shower (In reality, Jonathan cleaned it up - God bless him.). Then I just felt guilty for using reading as a  repercussion.

That's actually what I went to sleep thinking about - how to balance repercussions and punishment. And, what exactly is the appropriate response to pooping in the shower.

And you know what, even though I was all kinds of disgusted. I am so busy that I forgot that he shat in my shower. Until just now. And, I am disgusted all over again.

Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment