Monday, November 5, 2012

The Dangers of Co-sleeping

I bet you read the title and thought this post was going to be some rant against co-sleeping with me spouting statistics about mothers rolling over and smothering their babies, or something. Truth is, I know many a mother who co-sleep. None have rolled over and smothered their baby and all are quite happy and healthy.

In fact, if anything, this post is the opposite. I have been quite careful about not sleeping with my babies. Mostly because I would like it. A lot. I would like it a lot until I wanted to sleep with my husband again and at which point I am certain the babies would not appreciate my departure. As much as I want to sleep with my babies, I am not willing to deal with the consequences of breaking that habit.

But this weekend, all the babies (and one husband) fell a little ill. And for one short, little half hour, my lil ASA fell asleep on me while we were playing on my bed. It was the sweetest, most delicious half hour in the history of ever. I got to lay there and smell his baby head and listen to him breathe and think how wonderful the feeling was.

Then my arm fell asleep and we both got really hot and a little sweating. At which point his head didn't smell quite as sweet and I thought I am ok not sleeping with my babies.

But the 30 minute nap sure was divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment