Thursday, November 15, 2012

Show and tell and do your do

Now that MRA is in his big boy pre-school class, he gets to bring something for "Show and Tell" every Wednesday. The rules are it has to fit into their back packs and nothing pointy or weapon related.
I remember how exciting "Show and Tell" was as a child. Although I also remember it being a little stressful when I did not have anything worthy of showing or telling about.

Last Wednesday I get a text mid morning from my husband asking me to guess what MRA brought to school. We had talked about him bringing one of his new birthday presents so that was my guess, naturally. But, no, not my kiddo. He didn't bring one of the new matchbox cars that Aunt Robin gave him, he didn't bring the way cool saxophone that we gave him, or the Mickey Mouse that Nanna and Babba gave him.

What did he bring, you ask?

The blow dry hair (My hair dryer). Yep, its not a weapon and it fit into his backpack (and he is obsessed with small appliances).

I thought, what in the world is he going to tell everyone about the blow dry hair and what does the school think of this? I really couldn't help myself, I called the school. Ironically, the school thought that I would be upset? (Which I was not.) The director and I had a good laugh about it and I finally asked her if she knew what he told his friends about the blow dry hair. She didn't but put me on hold to go find out.

When she came back, she said (trying very hard to be serious but having a hard time hiding the humour) that MRA did a really good job and told everyone that after he takes a shower, his Mama dries his hair with it. Of course he wanted to plug it in and show everyone but the teachers didn't go for that.

So, I guess after everyone shares, the kids get to play with their items which is what was happening when the director ran down to get the scoop for me. MRA had "plugged" the blow dry hair into the window of the dollhouse and was drying three or four of his friend's hair.

The teachers, apparently, had a lot of fun with it. They said they thoguht he was going to pull out some little pink hair dryer toy from his back pack - not his Mamas 1700 watt Conair.

My husband and I can only shake our head and laugh. Sounds pretty much like the Notorious MRA to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment