Thursday, December 1, 2011

Parents say the damnedest things, part 1

About a month after ASA graced us with his birth, my in-laws came to stay with us for a week and help out. Their timing was perfect for me as Jonathan was away on a business trip and I was still crazy shedding pregnancy hormones.

After they arrived, but before Jonathan left, we were chatting with them. My father-in-law (who I will refer to as Fil and my mother-in-law as Mil) made a comment that left me on the floor. Fil said that if he were a child, he would want us to be his parents.

This may be the greatest thing anyone has ever said to me. They also brought me pumpkin spice lattes every morning after dropping MRA off at school (I have I mentioned that Fil and Mil are all kinds of awesome?)

Holy crap, that's a lot to live up to! But, at this point in my life, I really cannot think of a higher compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment