Friday, April 1, 2011

It's April!

It's Aaaaprilllllll! It's Aaaaapriiiillll!

You may be wondering why such enthusiasm over the month of April. Let me tell you.

April is our anniversary month. This year will be our 5th! To celebrate, we are headed to Napa at the end of the month. Now, you probably don't have any idea the restraint that I must exercise to simply say, "We are going to Napa." But, trust me when I say, the restraint.... its a lot.

Inside my head, I am singing, "We're goin' to Naaaaaapaaaaa. We're goin' to Naaaaapa. By. Our. Selves.

That's right, just Jonathan and me. Napa. All by ourselves. Of course, when we planned this trip, I was not pregnant so the trip involved a lot more strictly adult type activity. But... here I am and there I will be. In Napa. We have our winery appointments all lined up. Our fancy, schmancy hotel - Miliken Creek Inn - all reserved, even Sunday brunch at Ad Hoc.

And so what if I am a little pregnant. I will be in Naaaaaapaaaaa, where I can sleep whenever I want, for how ever long I would like and I don't have to answer to the three foot tall dictator that rules our house with an iron sippy cup toddler (who I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE).

I am goin to NAAAAAAPPPPA, with the first love of my life. And we will be all alone, with picnics and wine tastings (they have spit buckets) and beautiful scenery.

In my world, right now, April means NAAAAAAPPPPPPAAAAAA and a very happy, very adult, very alone anniversary. I am counting the days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment