Monday, December 13, 2010

There are two kinds of people in this world

white light people and colored light people. I am not saying one is better than the other. But, what I am saying is that the people I know seem to fall distinctly, squarely, unequivocally into one of these categories.

No one I know says, " Oh, I don't care what color they are as long as there are lights." No sirree, my friends and family have strong opinions about the lights and what their preference is.

We are very much colored light people. For me, and my husband would agree, when you see the colored lights, you know it is a special time, you know its the Holidays. You know Christmas, or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or Festivus is coming.

You know this.

You know this because at no other time of the year does anyone really use these kinds of lights. Well, except for some people who are lazy and leave them up all year round, but, I digress.

And they remind me of being a child and how magical and festive Christmas was/is. The colors are warm and glowy and exciting and fun.

White lights are pretty but I can go to any number of places and see them at any time of the year. Many places decorate their patios, terraces and parks with white lights and people string them when they are having parties even in July. So the white lights don't really seem special.

And, even though some of the white light people I know may want to think that white lights are exclusive, they are not. they are everywhere,

Colored lights are, on the other hand, exclusive at least to the Holidays (if you are into that sort of thing.)




Again, no judgement on the lights. Colored lights are just my preference. Which lights do you prefer?



No comments:

Post a Comment