Thursday, December 23, 2010

Like Uncle, Like Nephew

You see, Uncle Chad, he is a little bit of a daredevil. Actually, he is THE daredevil of the family. He is a snowboarding, surfing, rock climbing, thrill seeking guy. He also plays golf which surprises me as that seems like it would be a bit boring for him - but what can I say, he is unique.

Uncle Chad has always been this way. In fact, one time when we were kids, while my mom left us to wander a high school campus while she took an aerobics class, my sister and I convinced Chad to jump off a second story stair landing. I don't remember the convincing taking tooooo long, either. I am fairly certain it hurt but he did not break anything.

That's not to say Chad has not broken lots of parts. I know he has separated a shoulder. I think he has broken a finger and there was a wrist issue. Also lots of stitches. Once he rode his snow sled off the side of a hill and landed in a tree or some such thing. That resulted in stitches to the ear, I think.

I am sure he could provide us all with an updated list of his broken parts and stitched up places in the comment section below.

Me, I have never broken anything. And the only time I have had stitches was after the c-section. Jonathan..., also not likely to jump off anything.

MRA, however, MRA takes after Uncle Chad. The other day, a neighbor brought over a little toy that you can push or ride on.  And, well... MRA climbed up on it and acted like he was surfing. He promptly busted his butt. After Daddy calmed him, he got right back up there and did it again.

On a different occasion, MRA discovered his climbing skills. Daddy documented. Mamma saw the pictures and immediately checked the emergency room coverage on our health insurance.







I think we will be getting to know the ER doctors well in the future. Thanks Uncle Chad - you are like the gift that just won't stop giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment