Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Great Wall of Greenwood

The other day, I decided that the plant bed by our patio had been neglected long enough and, while I was baby free for a few hours, I would remedy the situation by pulling out the weeds. Great plan, except that the landscape timbers were rotting and some of the crazy-long-weed-like-vine-crap that only grows in swampy 'ole Florida had also grown through some of the timbers.

In effect, my pulling of the aforementioned crap resulted in the collapse of the landscape timber retaining wall which resulted in the sudden realization that we would need to rebuild it, or something like it, in the near future to avoid that part of the yard being washed away.

Upon discussion, we decided that we did not want to rebuild another wall in 4 or 5 years when more landscape timbers rotted so we would build it out of masonry pavers. Not rocket science, right?

Well, we spent all weekend working on it and all we have is a trench dug. That's it.



You see, when you have a baby, apparently both parents cannot work on the same project simultaneously because some one has to entertain the baby. And, wall building is only interesting to an almost 11 month old baby for, oh, about 20 minutes.







The plan is for me, yes me (because although Jonathan is more reasonable, he voted me more patient) to go out tonight after work and level the ground in preparation for the stones.

I have to say, I would much rather being doing this than saaaaaaayyyyy, oooh, I don't know-getting ready for our trip to Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment