Monday, June 11, 2012

Put that in your pan and bake it!

Hahaha! My dear friend Kim has passed along this article. Its actually less of an article and more a call for information to become an article later BUT it is geared at us who don't like cake.

For years I have withstood the ridicule because I do not like cake. I have never really liked the cake. And, although my closest friends have accepted this (thank you all - there are reasons why I call you my closest friends). There are many who continue to try to get me to eat cake year in and year out, there are those who continue to buy me cakes for celebratory events, there are thpose who feign that they have forgotten this fact when I "surprise" them by declining a piece for dessert. This is not new information in  my world.

And, I suspect, there are others out there who don't care for cake as well. Finally there is some recognition. Cakecentral.com is asking all those non-cake-eaters to speak out, reveal themselves, and offer what they like to eat instead. My awesome and always supportive friend Kim sent me the link and although it is too late to add my comments (it would have been oh-I-dunno-breadpudding-or-darkchocolate-or-krispykremedonughts-maybe), I am looking forward to seeing the responses come in.

So, to all my cake-eating critics, put that in your pan and bake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment