Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On The Topic Of Things I Never Thought I Would Say

There is no shortage of these sorts of moments after one has kids. These thoughts, phrases, sentences just sort of come out of your mouth and leave you standing there, screwing your face up and thinking, "Wait... what? Did I really just say that?"


My most recent "Wait... what? Did I really just say that?" came last night whilst attempting to get MRA into the bath. Pre-bath is currently the only time he will use the potty. Last night, we started with our pre-bath routine. All was going as it should until he decided to hop up and get a q-tip to clean his ears.

You are probably thinking... whooooaaa Mama, a toddler with a q-tip? This is where the story is going to go awry. Annnnnd, you would be correct.

I was supervising and could see the q-tip wasn't making it into the actual ear so I was not too worried about him puncturing his ear drum.

There we sat, he on his potty, trying to clean his ear; me on my potty, supervising when... whoops, he began to pee. Now he pees on the potty nearly every night so this shouldn't be that exciting BUT he has never peed on the potty while holding a q-tip.


Which is when I found myself saying, "No, no. If you want to clean your ears, you have to keep the q-tip clean and you won't be doing that if you stick it in the pee pee."


Wait... what??? Did I really just say that?

1 comment: