Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The one where Aunt Jenny came to town

Life has been so hectic lately that I have not had much time to share. I am hoping that we are finally settling back in and the posting will become regular again.

In the meantime, I have a backlog of stories that I have wanted to share with everyone... but then something comes up and I forget and then something else happens and I move on to that topic, writing a draft in my head. But, then something else comes up and so no stories were shared and now life is calming down and when that happens, well... there aren't as many stories.

So anyway, a few weeks ago Aunt Jenny came to town for a long weekend to celebrate the Notorious MRA's birthday. As you may remember, the house was full of family, neighbors, and friends.

My sister also has a good childhood friend in town so on Sunday she grabbed my keys (remember this as it is an important detail later in the story), took my car, and went to visit her friend.

This left MRA available to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Angel.

That afternoon, Jenny texted saying she was nearly done and wanted to make sure we were home and, oh, by the way, did we need anything. I texted back that we were home and we did not need anything.

Another couple of hours pass and no Jenny. After some more time, she calls and says she is on her way and, oh, by the way, do we need anything.

When she FINALLY gets back the conversation goes something like this:

Me: What happened, where were you?

Her: Oh, I texted you.

Me: Yeah, I texted you back.

Her: I can't get texts from you.   (I am not even gonna touch this point because it gets better.)

Her: I have been at Target killing time. I did not want to come back to the house and be locked out.

Me: Jenny! You have my keys!  (hahahahaha)

She did the only thing she could - which was to put her head in her hands and say, "Don't tell anyone."

She didn't say don't blog about it, though.

Classic Jenny and why we all love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment