Friday, October 8, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking....

through Barcelona, that is.

So, I am having the hardest time packing for my all-adult-all-the-time-no-baby-clinging-to-my-leg trip to SPAIN next week. The high temps there are about 70 degrees and the lowest lows I have seen are in the upper 50s.

I live in Florida. I have no idea what 70 degrees feels like in terms of clothes. It is sometimes 70 degrees but not for long. 70 degrees is sometimes a morning low. And, actually, it is about 70 degrees right now but in 5 minutes it will be about 75 so 70 is fleeting and a little unimaginable.

So the packing has not been going well. As a result, I am altering the packing strategy. Here is how it goes...

What I do know about 70 degrees being a high temperature is - that's boot weather! Yes, glorious, fashionable, knee high, leather boot weather. And since it isn't usually 70 here I almost never get to wear my boots.

Boots are definitely going to Spain with me. Now, with that decided, and along with a pair of strappy going out sandals and some more sensible wedges (that function like a flat). I can devise the outfits to go with each.

And since leggings are trendy right now, I can pair them with said boots for the flight (thus not taking up valuable luggage space) and still have a comfy yet stylish wrinkle free travel outfit.

Feeling much better now that I have worked that out.

2 comments:

  1. And if you're too cold or too warm, anything you don't have you can buy! Cute clothes! Shoes! Boots! I got the cutest pair of boots in Madrid several years ago. Oh, I want to go shopping in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you are saying is bring an extra and empty suitcase?:)

    Defintely looking forward to some shopping in Barcelona. And some tapas, and some wine, and hopefully a morning or two of sleeping past 7. We won't be hitting Madrid but we will be heading down to Andalusia.

    ReplyDelete